Friday, July 9, 2010

Here We Go



So, to sum up the next 15 or so months of my life... I am currently in Vienna, Austria for the summer visiting my girlfriend. I'll also be doing a bit of traveling around Austria and the rest of Europe while I am here. In September, I'm going to start a Master's program in economics at University College London in the UK, and that will last for 12 months. I figured a good way to help me remember my time here as well as stay somewhat connected with people back home would be to keep a blog, so that's where we are now.

I'm going to try to update this pretty often,
and I'll also try to include a fair amount of pictures. However, they might be a bit delayed until I get this from back home.







Anyway, I guess I'll give a bit of a recap of the past week. I left the USA for Austria (via London Heathrow) on July 3... Unfortunately I had to miss the 4th of July. Granted, it's not the first time that's happened. I've spent the past few days visiting lots of parks, castles, and old buildings. I've already eaten a few kebabs and sausages, and I'm sure there are many more to come. Tonight Dani's parents are picking us up, and we'll be visiting Upper Austria for the next week. I've been informed that there is some sort of beer tent thing going on tomorrow night in the small village where I'll be, and I will almost certainly be tested by the locals in my American drinking ability... I guess we'll see how that goes. Anyway, I'm going to figure out something to do today. There should be more of these to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment